[RMM ]As cobaias de teste

[RMM ]As cobaias de teste


 My test subjects are two notebooks, a Toshiba Satellite 335CDT Pentium 266mhz, 64mb, and 2mb Chips & Technologies 2MB Vram, and a Compaq Armada 7800 Pentium II 300mhz, 128mb, S3 Virge/MX 4Mb.


In the first tests, I noticed that many of the special effects that I had programmed are extremely slow in them. I will have to look for a different approach here, for now, all effects will be disabled. I had forgotten how painful it is to watch a simple animated gif on an old computer.


The program is being designed to run at 800x600, with at least 16bit of colors. Higher resolutions are out of the project for now. For computers that cannot reach 800x600 (only 640x480) or that cannot reach 16bit (only 256 colors), I will program a simpler version of the interface. The end user does not have to worry about automatically deciding this, one of the first instructions of the program is to detect if it is possible to execute, if one of these requirements is not met, it will start the simplified version.


In the two machines tested, I noticed that Windows 98 vanilla, occupied an absurd amount of memory, moving a lot to the paging file, causing loss of performance (if I want to have copied the program to it, I'm talking about a newly formatted system, in idle, at desktop screen)



Postar um comentário

0Comentários